Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Funday

Easter is a day of family, food, and the always entertaining easter egg scavenger hunt, claiming the attention spans of small children since the 1700's. It is the day us christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, three days after his crucifixion, and the forgiveness of Jesus Christ, three weeks after us irish have broken our Lent promises to him on St. Patty's Day.
All in all, it is a day that we are all brought together. It is also a day that everyone of all ages will have a monday morning hangover, whether it be from the wine or the ridiculous sugar consumption.
However, aside from all the family fun and culinary festivities, there's a part of me that isn't quite comfortable with the whole Easter idea. I don't know, I guess I just can't grasp the fact that there is a rapid animal defecating colorfully in all my house's best hiding places. I don't care if he's a Jesus bunny, I have a Satan dog that shits frequently enough.
Though, i love being christian. Unlike most mainstream religions, it's the only one that allows us to eat unhealthy amounts of food rather than fast. For that, I love you Jesus, but when i go to Heaven I'm sneaking up a family of rabbits and letting them urinate on the walls, just to see how he likes it.

p.s. I'm going to hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment